Fri 10 Sep 2010
Obviously, I needed a webinar solution to do this. Choosing which one of the many webinar/web meeting platforms available to use turned out to be quite a process. I share it here to help others who may have similar needs.
My requirements were pretty simple (or so I thought):
- good for both demos (showing how to click around Banana Scrum) and presentations with traditional narrated slides (for the Scrum group),
- easy to use for both presenter and participants,
- recordings of good quality, preferably editable with standard tools, for subsequent posting on the pages,
- event management (registration form, sending people e-mails with calendar attachments, links etc.),
All in all I’ve looked at following platforms:
- Cisco’s WebEx,
- Microsoft’s LiveMeeting,
- Cytrix’s GoToWebinar.com,
- Adobe Connect Pro.